Pigment ink is part of the aqueous family of printer inks. Aqueous simply means water-based. Pigment-based inks are based on very small particles of colorant that float around in a liquid, and this liquid eventually gets absorbed into the paper and other surfaces, but the pigments don’t. They stay on the surface and adhere to the fibers. This ink differs from solvent, latex, and UV ink prints, as they are constructed with different ingredients and different media.
Many users in varied professional settings such as Architects, Engineers, Contractors, Photographers, Graphic Artists, Sign/Banner Print Shops, Marketing/Advertising Departments, Museums, and Retail Spaces need high-quality images to augment their work. Such professionals more often choose pigment ink to print high-quality images because of the below reasons:
- Pigment inks are known to be scratch resistant than your conventional ink, giving you better output for your prints.
- Pigment ink is also water-resistant (even more so when paired with water-resistant media or coating/laminate), ensuring that your prints sustain any damage if they are exposed to water.
- Wide format printer pigment ink can be printed on a variety of specialty media such as canvas, vinyl, adhesive-backed, photographic, metallic, polypropylene, and many more. Thus, the same printer can print a variety of jobs – everything from signs and banners to technical drawings and your everyday pictures – all without changing printers or print heads. They are also ideal for surfaces where dye-based inks wouldn’t work, like plastics and metals. Thus, it can also prove to be cheaper to invest in a pigment-based ink printer as in the long run it is cheaper to operate.
- Pigment ink also gives consistent results with all media finishes, whether it is gloss, matte, luster, or even fine art canvas.
- It also offers stable output as pigment inks don’t smudge and are lightfast- ideal for prints put for display (signs and banners).
If you’re looking for the longest-lasting, the most fade-resistant printed image you can possibly find that holds the color for years and can withstand different factors such as moisture & sun rays – then pigment ink is your best bet. Pigment-based inks can offer resistance to fading for well over 50 years.
At Bink Inks, you can find a wide selection of wide format printer pigment ink. As one of the best online sources for printer inks, we offer a great selection of high-quality wide format printer pigment ink at competitive prices that are designed to meet OEM quality standards. Our stringent quality guidelines ensure that all cartridges are compatible with your printer, and we check them for quality and performance before they are professionally packed and shipped to you.